Saturday, November 12, 2005

The Greatest Puzzle Ever

So about a month ago, I came across this find while at my parents' house. Needless to say, Spyder was absolutely exstatic when I brought it home. It lay around the house for a few days while our excitement bubbled over. Once we could no longer contain our excitement, we settled in at the table and got down to business.

Every thing was going great, we had several pieces of the money put together and nearly all of the border completed. Alas, we were missing an all important corner piece!! We searched and searched through the box to find the elusive corner, but to no avail.


We went to bed that night feeling quite dejected as you might imagine. Life just ain't fair!

Well, I was over at my parents' house again today. Can you guess what I found? No, not an identical puzzle or the missing corner piece; that would prove that life is indeed fair (and then the whole world might just end).

What I did find was a companion puzzle! Can you imagine my excitement?!? Who knows if this one will prove to have all of the pieces, but we've got a second chance at puzzle glory and I don't know if I can wait until next Friday when Spyder gets home.

Next Friday just happens to be his birthday, can you imagine a better birthday present than this? I only hope that all of the pieces are present and accounted for.

Wish us luck. I'll let you know how it turns out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

As a native Texan and a former resident of Dallas who has actually been to THE Southfork Ranch, I can't even begin to tell you how jealous I am.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Duffy Cox said...

I bet if I listed those on e-bay they'd sell!

6:03 PM  
Blogger ALAN said...

The reason you can't find the corner piece is because it is mine. Mom put it under my name in the will. So, I went ahead and put it in my safe deposit box.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you boys only knew the things that your mother has kept you would be shocked!!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think the boys know now, Kiki. ��

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home